eyeBeam™—High Speed Beam Migration
The eyeBeam module in Merlin is an ultra fast solution to many imaging and velocity analysis problems. eyeBeam decomposes seismic data into effective beamlets and images those beamlets along rays generated by the anisotropic raytracer in MARVEL®. The eyeBeam module is
- isotropic, VTI, and TTI capable;
- capable of imaging from topography;
- capable of producing full volume, and target line or crossline images;
- 20 to 50 times faster than Kirchhoff migration;
- is parameterized using Thomsen notation: ε, δ, VNMO, φ, and θ.